Monday, May 24, 2010

Grosse Pointe Wedding Photos - Kiera & Alan















So Kiera and Alan's wedding was a first on many levels. This was the first time the groom contacted me and the bride's father conducted the interview and the bride was along for the ride! Another first was that I wasn't allowed in the sanctuary of the church. Like not allowed to step over the thresh hold. Makes getting wedding photos kind of challenging. I was allowed in the choir loft and that was fine, but not exactly a great spot to catch any action! The part that bothered me most is that the officiant whose church it was, the families and the bride and groom all thought I could be in the sanctuary, so they were all expecting me to have photos from the ceremony. Some services, Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, aren't allowed to take photos during the ceremony, but this is part of a tradition and everybody knows ahead of time photos won't be taken at that time. I could see other vantage points where I wouldn't physically be in the church, but could see the action, but the old church biddies wouldn't let me go around, despite the priest's recommendation to shoot from that angle! So... know your church's rules (Christ Church's rules were written in churcheze and even though I asked them to translate for me, they didn't until I arrived. If you know your churches rules for wedding photography are very strict, you won't be shocked or bummed when I have to follow them. I can't break their rules, but I'm also not used to old church biddies getting the last say! The reception took place at the Country Club of Detroit, whose staff was exceptionally nice to the guests, myself and my photo booth partner. If you'd like to see more Country Club of Detroit wedding photos, please check out my other blog at; www.marcicurtis.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment